Residence Permit

Since January 2001 citizens of the Schengen countries no longer need a visa to enter Romania. However, if you stay longer than 90 days you need to get a residence permit from the Romanian police authorities. The following documents are required:

  1. an application form (official form that you take directly from the Authority for Foreigners, Iasi, Str. Costachescu no. 6, Tel: 0040 232 302322, Fax: 0040 232 302321);
  2. valid national identity document/passport (original + one copy);
  3. a certificate issued by our institution certifying your registration as Erasmus students and the period of study;
  4. the proof of the means of support;
  5. the proof of social health insurance;
  6. fees (please see

This procedure must be undertaken within 90 days from the date you last entered Romania.