Since January 2001 citizens of the Schengen countries no longer need a visa to enter Romania. However, if you stay longer than 90 days you need to get a residence permit from the Romanian police authorities. The following documents are required:
- an application form (official form that you take directly from the Authority for Foreigners, Iasi, Str. Costachescu no. 6, Tel: 0040 232 302322, Fax: 0040 232 302321);
- valid national identity document/passport (original + one copy);
- a certificate issued by our institution certifying your registration as Erasmus students and the period of study;
- the proof of the means of support;
- the proof of social health insurance;
- fees (please see http://aps.mai.gov.ro/english/index_en.htm).
This procedure must be undertaken within 90 days from the date you last entered Romania.