Current status: Action plan finished. You can read the report here
In March 2005 the European Commission adopted the 2005/251 /EC Recommendation on the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. The European Charter for Researchers specifies the roles, responsibilities and prerogatives of researchers and employers. The Charter and the Code contain 40 principles and general conditions which are structured on four dimensions:
(1) Ethical and professional issues;
(3) Working conditions and social security;
On the 29th of March 2011 the management of the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași signed the Declaration of accession to the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. In this context, the University began, along with 61 other European organizations, a five-step process for implementing the Charter & Code of researchers under the guidance of the European Commission. The successful completion of the implementation process is recognized by the European Commission by giving a logo.
The logo has been obtained by the university on April 10, 2014.
- The European Charter & Code for Researchers
- Open, Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment of Researchers (OTM-R)
OTM-R ensures that the best person for the job is recruited, guarantees equal opportunities and access for all, facilitates developing an international portfolio (cooperation, competition, mobility) and makes research careers more attractive.
OTM-R brings benefits to researchers, institutions and the wider research system. More specifically, OTM-R makes research careers more attractive, ensures equal opportunities for all candidates and facilitates mobility. Overall, it may contribute to an increase in the cost-effectiveness of investments in research!
Steps to follow:
- The internal analysis (status: completed)
- Developing the action plan (status: completed – read the report here)
- Getting the logo (HR Excellence in Research)
- Institutional self-evaluation (2 years)
- Declaration of Commitment of the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi
- The Human Resource Strategy of the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi
- Strategia de resurse umane a Universității„ Alexandru Ioan Cuza” din Iasi
- TEMPLATE 1: GAP ANALYSIS of the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi
- TEMPLATE 3: INTERNAL REVIEW of the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi
- External assessment (4 years)
The working team coordinated by Prof. Ionel MANGALAGIU – Vice-rector for Research and Innovation:
- PhD. Ruxandra CIULU, FEAA
- PhD. Romeo ASIMINEI, Philosophy and Social-Political Sciences
- Elena RADU FELICE, Headmaster of DCMP
- Marina SÂRBU, Manager of HRD
More information at: http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/index.cfm/rights/whatIsAResearcher
More information at: http://www.euraxess.gov.ro/ro/locuri-de-munca/in-romania.html