Staff mobility for teaching
- Erasmus+ Faculty Coordinators at UAIC
- Guidelines for eligibility check and evaluation by partner universities
- Erasmus+ Programme Guide
The Erasmus+ Partner Countries mobility scheme of Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași for 2019 – 2020 involves the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Argentina, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, China, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Russian Federation, Serbia, South Korea, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam.
Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, 5 working days before the start of the mobility at the latest, the following documents:
- Grant Agreement duly filled-in – scanned copy (signed) + Word version
- Mobility Agreement for Teaching duly filled-in – scanned copy (signed by the grantee and the home university)
- Electronic ticket
- Health insurance policy
In accordance with Erasmus+ financial regulations, individual support for Erasmus+ incoming staff is of 140 EUR per day (only academic activity period is funded, according to the Invitation Letter).
The duration of teaching/training mobility (academic activity at the host university) is of 5 working days (excluding travel).
Subsistence for 2 travel days maximum can be granted on the condition that the travel day is before the first day of the teaching activity, respectively after the last day of the teaching activity.
According to the Erasmus+ financial regulations, you are entitled to a unit travel costs, depending on the distance between the city of your home university and Iasi.
Travel distances must be calculated using the distance calculator supported by European Commission (http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/distance_en.htm). The distance of a one-way travel must be used to calculate the amount of EU grant that will support the round trip:
|Travel distances||Unit cost for travel|
|Between 10 and 99 KM:||20 EUR per participant|
|Between 100 and 499 KM:||180 EUR per participant|
|Between 500 and 1999 KM:||275 EUR per participant|
|Between 2000 and 2999 KM:||360 EUR per participant|
|Between 3000 and 3999 KM:||530 EUR per participant|
|Between 4000 and 7999 KM:||820 EUR per participant|
|8000 KM or more:||1500 EUR per participant|
As a beneficiary of an Erasmus+ mobility, you bear the responsibility of concluding and paying for a health insurance policy covering the entire period of your stay in Iasi. The number of the insurance policy and the name of the insurer have to be filled in the Grant Agreement.
If you are traveling to Iasi by plane, you can get to the city center (that is where you see the Central University Library on the map) either by the airport bus (bus number 50, every 30 minutes, at a price of 2.5 RON = around 50 Eurocents) or by taxi (at a cost of approx. 10 euros).
If you travel to Iasi by train, you can get to the city center or to the residence either on foot (15-20 minutes) or by taxi (for less than 5 Euros).
On the first day of academic activity, you are required to come to the International Relations Office (Building A, 2nd floor, room 8) in order to:
- Submit the original inbound boarding passes/travel tickets
- Sign the Grant Agreement in original
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi offers accommodation to its international guests in:
6 Păcurari Street, Iași
Akademos is located on campus, within walking distance from the main University Building.
Places are available in single and double rooms, fully furnished, including a TV set and a refrigerator. Each room has a private bathroom and a little balcony. There is a kitchen fully equipped for cooking on each floor. Laundry can be done at request and free-of-charge.
The accommodation fees for 2021-2022 academic year are:
- 126 LEI/night for a single room; breakfast is included
- 168 LEI/night for a double room; breakfast is included
- 250 EUR/month for a single room for periods longer than one month, for foreign lecturers or incoming teaching staff; breakfast is not included
Breakfast is served between 7,30 – 10,30 a.m.
Breakfast is not served on weekends and national holidays.
In order to arrange for your accommodation in these hotels you are kindly asked to contact either someone from the faculty where you will be carrying out your Erasmus mobility or the International Relations officer, giving your full coordinates and mentioning:
- the purpose of your visit
- the period of your stay
- the date/time of your arrival in Iasi
- your room option (single or double)
On arrival you will be given the key to your room from the Reception Desk, which is open 24 hrs./day.
International Relations Office
Bld. Carol I no.11, 700506 Iasi
T: +40 232 20 1889
HERE you can download the CAMPUS MAP for directions in order to get to your residence
You have to submit one original Certificate of Stay signed by the Dean of the host Faculty to the International Relations Office (you will take the other original with you to your home university).
- EU online survey – within 2-3 working days after the end of your Erasmus+ mobility, you will receive an email from the European Commission (email@example.com) requiring you to fill in and submit a feedback questionnaire. Please fill it in with all due attention, in accordance with your Teaching Agreement and the specific activities carried out in Iași.
- Return boarding passes/ travel tickets – once back home, please send a scanned copy of your return boarding passes/ travel tickets.
ALEXANDRU IOAN CUZA UNIVERSITY
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS OFFICE
Bulevardul Carol I, nr.11, 700506 Iaşi, ROMANIA
Fax: +40 232 20 1802
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the National Agency and Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.