Faculty of Orthodox TheologyServiciul MEDIA2020-05-04T11:03:35+03:00
The Faculty of Orthodox Theology is a co-founder of the University of Iași and the continuator of the Faculties of Theology of Iași (1860-1864), Cernăuți-Suceava (1875-1948) and Chișinău (1926-1941). The Faculty has a fundamental role in the theological training and spiritual development of the future servants of the Holy Altars, of the teaching staff for the religious and theological education, of the specialists in social work, ecclesiastical art and cultural heritage, as well as of all those who want to acquire and extend their knowledge of Orthodox Theology.
Under the spiritual patronage of the Three Holy Hierarchs and the academic aegis of Priest and Professor Dumitru Stăniloae, the Faculty of Orthodox Theology aims to offer an education based on biblical foundations, developed by patristic authors, cultivated by our illustrious predecessors and open to religious, cultural and scientific dialogue.
At present, a reputable teaching staff educated at prestigious universities in Europe teaches here. The academic staff distinguished itself in nationally and internationally recognized research activities, present in specialized books, studies and articles, and by participation in conferences in the country and abroad.
Based on the many collaboration agreements with universities in Italy, England, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Germany, Greece, Denmark, Bulgaria, Austria, Holland, Finland and Norway, the BA, MA and PhD students and the professors at the Faculty of Orthodox Theology benefit by academic, practical and teaching mobilities at prestigious faculties in Europe. In Romania, the faculty has agreements with the World Vision organization, the students thus having the opportunity to be part of its strategic projects.
The faculty is located in a beautiful building near the Iași Metropolitan Cathedral. The 47 auditoriums, seminar rooms, laboratories and workshops, the multimedia room and the chapel provide an adequate space for formal and informal theological education. The Sacred Art department also has a new well-equipped laboratory for the investigation and restoration of old documents – the only one of its kind in the country. The teaching staff and students have equal access to the “Dumitru Stăniloae” Library within the Archbishopric of Iași, with more than 130,000 volumes and journals.