Faculty of Chemistry Departamentul MEDIA 2017-02-13T13:40:58+00:00
The Department of Chemistry emerged in 1878 from the division of the Physics and Chemistry Department and its first director was the illustrious scholar Petru Poni.
Our nowadays autonomous faculty was to be founded in 1948, and beginning with 1974 it became a part of the Polytechnic Insitute of Iaşi. Since 1990, the Faculty of Chemistry is once again a part of Alexandru Ioan Cuza University.
At present, the teaching and research domains are Chemistry, Chemistry – Physics and Technological Biochemistry. Due to an excellent theoretical and experimental training, our graduate and postgraduate students can easily adapt to the evolution of new investigation techniques, which allows them to undergo chemical analysis in any industrial or medical laboratory.